Monday, January 18, 2010

Its been so long since I trained and practiced the whole martial arts thing. So this morning I had to just start from scratch....
that being said, I made myself a short little routine that will gradually increase in intensity and length as soon as the weather comes around. I started with a little horse stance, then some push-ups and sit-ups. After that, I ran suicides since I'm not really a big fan of the whole running repetitive long distances. After that I just practiced some basic forms and what not.
If your trying to bulk up and are into a martial art based more on power, then you might want to throw a couple weights in there. I, on the other hand, am trying to gain control of my body at its current weight, so I am trying not to build up much more muscle. Feel free to mention some of your own exercises and training techniques in your comments.

2 comments:

  1. I was intruiged by your dedication today and saw some of you tecniques for core strengthening. While there is the essential boring stuff I would like to schedule a time for you to work with me on some choriograph *spelling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been interested in Crane Style Martial arts, maybe you could post something about that? Also, i'm not tall or slender and I heard that Crane Style is for someone with that type of body. But is shouldn't matter right? I mean, didn't Jackie practice all kinds of styles and he's short. Anyways, i've never had the drive to just do something except for writing but i want to. And maybe you could add pictures of things like the Horse Stance that you mentioned. Thanx!

    ReplyDelete